Life Connection - Series Topics
Select from these themes for your weekend retreat or other setting where you can enjoy Glenn’s in-depth, multiple-session discussion on these life-changing subjects.
Why Doesn’t God Do What I Want?
What do I really want from life? Without fail, my plan includes nothing but happiness, success and health. Yet the everyday reality of my life falls sadly short of my picture-perfect image. How do I square the stark truths of my circumstances with Jesus’ promise that God answers our prayers?
Why Doesn’t God Do What I Want? considers three important facets of this issue:
- Sometimes God does do what I want
- Sometimes he does, but later than I want
- Sometimes he doesn’t do it at all
In addition, What Doesn’t God Do What I Want? discusses:
- How not to respond when God doesn't do what I want
- How to respond
Me in HD: The Eight Ways God Sees Me
If God loves me, why did he let my mother die when I was four? How can God still love me after what I did Saturday night? Why do I still have such an explosive temper even after being a Christian for years? Me in HD explores these and other critical questions in light of the fact that God sees me as:
- Completely loved
- Perfectly designed
- Sovereignly positioned
- Hopelessly sinful
- Fully forgiven
- Uniquely gifted
- Still growing
- Headed for greatness
When Teachings Collide: The Challenge of Applying All that Jesus Taught
Books and sermons often focus on a single aspect of Jesus’ teaching, such as God’s loving, watchful eye over our lives. But how does this square with his predictions that we will be persecuted and have troubles in this world? When Teachings Collide wrestles through these troubling challenges. Among the ten issues to select from are:
- How does Jesus’ “easy yoke” fit with striving to be holy? And when does striving for holiness become legalism?
- If God is really sovereign, why bother praying?
- How “hard” should I pray?
- Isn’t caring for the poor just encourage irresponsibility?
- If Jesus taught that we shouldn’t judge, is criticizing someone ever OK?
- Doesn’t detailed planning display a lack of trust in God?
- How can I tell the difference between God’s pruning and Satan’s attacks?
- Jesus talked about both maintaining unity and standing up for the truth. How do these two fit together in light of bad theology within the church?
- If we are to whole-heartedly serve God only, should I assume he is calling me to full-time Christian ministry?
- If God promises to protect me, why do bad things keep happening to me?
Note: When Teachings Collide can be presented in a highly interactive format and is especially well-suited for leadership retreats where you want to develop a team-wide common understandings of important biblical topics.